Raritatea germană construită de Gumpert va veni la Salonul Auto de la Geneva 2009 cu a treia ediţie specială: Gumpert Apollo Speed, un supercar cu 700 CP şi dedicat racerilor.
GUMPERT Sportwagenmanufaktur GmbH will be presenting the apollo speed at the 79th Geneva Motor Show. The racer - made in Germany - has earned his name, and rightly so. For any speed limit is pointless!
Whereas optimum performance for racetracks, lateral acceleration and grip in all situations are the focus of apollo, apollo apollo sport and apollo race, the apollo speed is aimed at an exclusive high speed clientel. Its domain is the mastery of highest speeds. Thanks to polished aerodynamics the drive side values of the speed are far above those of the competition.
Form follows Function
The appearance of apollo speed is now even more classy and aggressive. His striking two tone paint emphasises the racer's compact appearance, at 1,105mm being lower that his brothers at 1,114mm.
A good look from the front reveals the changed design around the wheel arches. A low restrict induction system rounds
off the snappy appearance and provides fresh air to the engine. Further modifications have been made to the rear end of this super sports car: The redesigned tail lights concisely show where the apollo is headed to, before it vanishes from the sight of its pursuer. The two-seater also has a small adjustable spoiler to lend it the required drive side for its intoxicating speed.
With a fully enclosed CAS underbody (carbon / aluminium sandwich) and wheel caps (fixed at the front and rotating at the back) the speed takes Formula 1 to the road and is just asking for a challenge to a sprint.
The powerful 8 cylinder Biturbo of apollo speed provides an optional 650 / 700 / 800 HP and a torque of 850 / 875 / 900 Nm. His performance is top class: The car can go from standing still to 100 km/h in 3.0 seconds. A speed of 200 km/h is reached in just 8.9 seconds. His maximum speed is over 360 km/h. (Depending on equipment, country-related specifications, gear ratio and engine power)
The racer impresses by its sportive, elegantly equipped interior.
It is available with either leather or Alcantara, and provides a whole panoply of details, such as air conditioning and a DVD moniceiver. The removable steering wheel makes it easy to get in. Embedded in the monocoque and held in by 4 point seat belts, the driver becomes one with the apollo. An intense bond!
Get to know the new, extroverted super sports car by GUMPERT. We look forward to welcoming you to our press conference at our booth 2045 at 11am on 4 March 2009.
GUMPERT Sportwagenmanufaktur GmbH will be showcasing its super sports cars at the Geneva Motor Show for the fourth time.
GUMPERT apollo speed (700 HP)
- Transmission: sequential six-speed gearbox with synchronisation and oil cooling, twin plate clutch configuration (diameter 2 x 200 mm), rear-wheel drive, differential lock by Torsen
- Chassis: long and pushrod-operated double transverse control arm suspension with fully adjustable dampers front and rear and anti roll bar in front
- Brakes: two circuit BOSCH-ABS brake system with six piston callipers, inside ventilated discs (378 x 32 mm) all around
- Wheels & Tires: Aluminium cast wheels with centre look front: 255/35 ZR19 rear: 345/35 ZR19
- Dry weight: 1.200 kg (For cars with standard equipment without filling. Special eqipment may increase this value)
- Allowed total weight: 1,500 kg
- Length: 4,460 mm
- Width: 1,998 mm
- Height: 1,105 mm
- Wheel base: 2,700 mm
- Wheel gauge: front: 1,670 mm, rear: 1,598 mm
- Tank capacity: 120 litre
- Engine: V8-cylinder-Biturbomotor with 90o cylinder angle, light metal cylinder heads with 5 valves per cylinder, four overhead camshafts, hydraulic valve clearance compensation, double-flow exhaust system with three-way catalytic converter, dry sump lubrication
- Cubic capacity: 4,163 cm3
- Engine performance: 515 kW (700 HP) at 6.500 rev/min
- Maximum torque: 875 Nm at 4.000 rev/min
- Litre performance: 123,7 kW/Litre (168 HP/Litre)
- Maximum rev.: 7,200 rev/min
- Top speed: > 360 km/h / 224 mph (Depeding on equipment, county related specification, gear ratio and engine power)
- Acceleration figures: 0-100 km/h in 3,0 s; 0-200 km/h in 8,9 s